Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weekly letter 11



Yo! What an awesome week this has been! Towards the ending it got super stressful but no worries. We went to the aquarium for P day and that was pretty fun. A squad of like 14 of us elders went and it is always super cool to get with other Elders to spend time with them. We got to the aquarium early and so we went and just sat next to the beach and watched the ocean which was really nice. Still cry a little/die every time I see the ocean because I am so close to it and still can not even go in. 
This week, so our area is supposed to have 4 Elders in it but since a lot of the missionaries the were supposed to come did not come due to visa problems there is only my companion and I. So, there is another boarding for the other two elders and it is just down the street from us. We are supposed to be checking up on it every now and then just to make sure that it did not burn down or anything like that but we are lazy and so we just never went over there to check it out. So we finally go to check it out and so we walk in. Everything looks fine and clean except for the fact that there are 70 billion spiders running around like 4 year olds in primary so that was disgusting. We continue to investigate the boarding and we realize that the fridge is dead quite. We then realized that the power had tripped and the fridge had been off for the past 2 months. We do not know if there was anything left inside the fridge and so we hoped and prayed that there was nothing. We were scared to check the fridge and so we decided to check the freezer first. BAD IDEA!!! We open up the freezer door and instantly a flock of flies just dart out of the freezer and it seriously smelt so bad. There were like hundreds of maggots completely covering the freezer it was nasty. They were all wiggling and ugh it was so gross. On top of that, There was Frozen Meat in the fridge and so since the fridge had defrosted there was a pool of blood at the bottom of the freezer and mold everywhere. Disgusting. Anyways enough of that crap.

So yea this week was crazy! Taught 40 lessons this week which is crazy! I want to know what the mission record is so that can be my next goal but man this week was nuts! I also went on exchanges with my Zone Leader Elder Wells and that day we taught 11 lessons with him. He said that the highest he has ever taught in a day is 8 and so I was like YO! Since you coming into my area, we breaking 10 and so we managed to get 11 which is super awesome. I had a great time teaching with him, we flow really well together! It is super cool to see how other missionaries teach and what they know and learn from each other. It was stressful because I was so dead towards the end of the week and so I was struggling to get those last few lessons but it all worked out.

One of our investigators here name is Anthionette and she is awesome. She works as a security guard at the Volkswagen factory where Brother Mendu works and I guess he passes her every now and then when he goes to work and so he told us we should see her. We taught her the first lesson last week and it went well and we told her to pray and things like that. Then this week we taught her on the Book of Mormon (The Donaldson Papers Style) and so were reading the first chapter of The Book of Nephi. We get to the verse about Lehi seeing the pillar of fire/light and right after we read this she kind of gets a confused look on her face. She then said
"This story is reminding me of a dream that I had."
I was like, What.... Then I asked her to describe the dream that she had.
She then described that while she was living in the next city over, not in the house she lives in now, she had a dream. (Previous to this she did not know that she would be moving as well) She dreamed that she moved into the area of where she lives now and that she was outside of a house, The house that she lives in now. She said that she saw a pillar of light coming down from the heavens right over the house. She didn't know what was going on and so she looked up and she saw the heavens open. When the heavens opened she said that she saw God poking his head through the clouds and that he was staring at her. She then began to tell us that she has these dreams or visions all the time. She says that they always come true as well. When she was telling us I was super jealous because I think that the Gift of Prophecy/Visions is one of the coolest gifts. I then interpreted the dream and told her that her vision was God telling her that in due time she would move into that house and that when she moved into that house, The Word of God or Gods church, something along those lines, would come into contact with her.
She is so ready for this gospel that it is unreal. The crazy thing is that... 6 weeks prior my companion and I were standing outside of the Volkswagon Company waiting for Brother Mendu to come outside and give us some ward papers that he needed us to deliver. He was taking forever and so I was feeling a little impatient. We were parked in front of the factory and there was no one outside and so I wanted to teach someone so I wouldn't be wasting anytime. I prayed to Heavenly Father and told him to send me someone whom he has placed and knows to be ready to receive the gospel and I said that I will teach that person. I ended my prayer and looked around ready to go and teach whoever came around the corner of the street or anyone that came out of the building. Now, I was looking for a Potential Priesthood holder, one in particular whom might be a source for a father led family. So I was standing there looking for a Male to teach whom I thought was the one that Heavenly Father had placed for me. A minute goes by and then finally I see someone walk out of the Volkswagon Factory. It is a security guard but the problem is that it was a woman! I was thinking to myself.... NO.... that can not be right I am looking for a potential Priesthood holder. I then felt my heart start to race as this woman started to walk closer to me. I was freaking out and my heart started to beat faster and faster. Just as she almost got to the front of our car she crossed the road. I was like... Oh not meant to be I guess.... Then I got the strongest impression that I needed to teach her but I kept thinking how weird it would be for me to run out to her and stop her and so I just stood there and watched her walk away. I was like dang... I am pretty sure that I just denied a prompting from the spirit. Then Brother Mendu came out and we got the papers and as we left and was driving away I was super disappointed in myself. So the reason I am telling this is because that lady that I had refused to teach was Anthionette! The spirit was telling me to go and teach her because she was the one that Heavenly Father had placed for me. I am so lucky that Heavenly Father gave me a second chance to teach her because those opportunities are very rare. I definitely will try my best and never deny the promptings of the spirit as well because as Alma 37 says: by small and simple things are great things brought to pass It just goes to show us that The Lords work truly can not stop. That His work will progress no matter what. It just depends on if we want the blessings or not. The Lord blessed me with a second chance to redeem myself. That is all I have time for today but I love you all and love hearing from you! Hope everyone has an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment