Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekly Letter 4


Man this week has been awesome. So many miracles are happening within my ward. A lot of work needs to be done cause the past missionaries.... eh... haha but man this area seriously has been going through the refiners fire for sure. It is coming along though, just need to sift through whom the lord has prepared me to teach compared to those who just like us to come around for some bible studying haha. One thing I really miss in all seriousness... is seeing a white american family. Seriously haha it would be so nice to just run into an american even if its just for like a few seconds. Thats how desperate I am haha but its alright.

One of the things that my ward lacks greatly is friendship. No one really knows each other that well in our ward which really sucks and I am super excited to change that. We had a ward activity this week which was so awesome! This whole week on top of our regular lessons, we spent a lot of time driving around and trying to contact and invite our members, less actives, and Investigators and the turn out was awesome. I love these people so much and I am super excited to work with them and growing the ward.

This week we got this thing could the Donaldson Papers and man they are awesome! Its a talk given by Elder Donaldson from the Quorum of the Seventy to the missionaries in the Las Vegas Mission. It is seriously so powerful and we got it sent to our mission and I am loving it. Seriously the missionaries around the world will seriously greatly benefit from this talk because it is straight chastisement and revelation from God. So many missionaries are wishing that they had received this talk at the beginning of their mission which is why I am so grateful for it. At first it just seemed like a chance to rebuke all the elders but after reading it I freaking love it. It teaches how we need to teach and how serious this calling to be a missionary is. A lot of missionaries just do not get that. This is a serious privilege and us as missionaries have been set apart and have the same name that the apostles have. ELDER! But its all good I am definitely sending it to all the homies on missions because it is a change that needs to happen. It gives awesome ways on how to teach and everything too. I felt kind of bad having to rebuke my trainer and be the new guy coming in and changing a lot of things but man..... Aint no body got time for that. It needs to be done in order to fully utilize my time here on the mission because 2 year is not a long enough time.

We had tons of miracles this week but one that really has stuck out to me was yesterday. So the girl who I had first baptized, we have been teaching her family. We had not been teaching their mum though, she is seriously so awesome and so nice, their whole family is just awesome. Her mum came to her baptism and has been coming to church every now and then. So yesterday at church while we were watching conference, since we still havent seen them, she was sitting next to me. She hits me, leans over to me and says.
"I want to get baptized. I want you to baptize me."
I was seriously so happy. Oh man.. I didnt say anything I kind of just nodded my head because it was during one of the talks but on the inside I was freaking out haha. So I waited until the congregational hymn. Right when it started I just shook her hand and said
"Wow mama that is so awesome! When did you decide this?"
"Yesterday!"​
I was super excited but then she said something that I will never forget. Something that I still have not been able to get over. She said.
"I want to change, become a better person"
When she said those words.... It hit me so hard.
I replied "This gospel is the best way to do it"

Those words that she said sunk deep into my heart. I kept repeating them in my head. I started getting teary eyed and every time I repeated them in my head the tears just kept coming. (Typical Nivah) Seriously even now while I am typing this, those words still hit me so hard. That is why I am here. That is why I am on a mission. That is what this gospel can do to people. This gospel can and will change people for the better. Only through this gospel can we really allow our Heavenly Father to shape us and change us and perfect us as we grow closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Through out the rest of conference those words just come resounding in my head. What a miracle. We haven't even taught her a single lesson. These people of South Africa are so prepared by the Lord. They are so prepared to finally find what thing they have been missing all of their life. The reason why we are here on earth and what we need to do to finally be eternally happy and have complete joy. I love these people and I love this gospel so much. What a wonderful blessing to have in our lives. I love and miss you all! Till Next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment