Monday, October 12, 2015

weekly letter 30


What a week! This week was awesome. Sada is definitely on the rise compared to where it used to be... Everything just is going awesome and I am excited to continue to grow my love for this area. 
This past Monday was really nice because we had our Semi-annual wash and wax for our cars and that is always nice because the mission pays for everything... More importantly... the Food! Any missionary enjoys free food. It was nice getting together with our district and the senior couple just having a little bri get together. A little sad though because we received transfer news and we are having 3 elders leave from the district whom I love very much. Elder Wall the short little Elder is leaving to another area and its gonna be weird because I have been with him my whole mission. Also my zone leader is finishing his mission who also has been with me my whole mission. Crazy how fast time flies and it is sad to see some of my best missionary buds finishing their missions! Also Update on our mission... We got 1 new missionary this transfer... only 1... That means that in the past 4 transfers we have received 5 new missionaries into our mission... That stuffs is cray. 5 new missionaries in 6 months. Thats gonna be interesting further down the road haha.
Yesterday though was crazy... I do not know what was going on... but... we somehow ended up eating three different meals in less then 3 hours.... It was insane... There was even a possible 4rth meal that bishops wife offered up but there was no way... It was... man so the first meal was delicious and it was amazing and then we went to teach a lesson and then came back to another meal that was prepared for us and it was nice... but by the end of that one we were destroyed... Then we went to go teach a Recent Convert and right when we finished the lesson... she hurrys and grabs plates before we can even say anything... my companion and I just look at the ground and start half laughing half crying haha... We were with two of our Recent Converts also who were teaching with us and they were doing the same haha... I felt like throwing up... I still do it dough....
This week though has been awesome... I haven't told all of you yet about this beast Emmanuel. He is originally from Zimbabwe and he speaks like 7 different languages and he is an awesome guy. He is a math teacher and he loves his bible. We found him at a members house and at the members house they were having a little get together and mostly everyone was drunk and all that jazz celebration thing haha... Except for the member of course... And so Emmanuel comes up to us and he is a little tipsy talking about how he is saved cause he is a child of the light and what not... Then he says.. You two have something about yourselves and I want that something... Aye.... GOT EM! so we arrange an apt with him and teach him and it goes awesome he is too sick. So this week we have been teaching him at that members house where we found him and she is just a powerhouse member who lives in Joburg. She was just visiting the Son who lives down here with the Makulu n what not but the lessons this week were awesome. It was like a positive bible bash/discussion. Alot of biblical proof was needed in the claims/answers in which we were throwing out and it was SICK!! But yee the spirit was so strong that it got me like (Puppy Emoji)
Jerry is doing too sweet! So he told us that back in the day he would smoke 40 Cigs a day... YOOOO!!!! that is insane and so we saw him at church on sunday and he told us that the day before he had only smoked 4... Thats progresss dough.... He is so awesome and it is a blessing to watch him grow in the gospel.
But everything pretty much just seems to fall into place. President told me that I have 6 weeks left in the area and that I better make them memorable. I am excited for this next transfer... It gonna be bumpin.
But as for now that is all... I love all of you though and hope be boooopp bap pow!
Pic: These two were part of the 5 that were baptised a few weeks ago. 
Elder Nyika, Likhona & Asemahle

No comments:

Post a Comment