Wednesday, March 25, 2015

weekly letter 2

What it do doughhh! man the MTC was awesome! It was seemed like forever that I was in there and you are always so busy that I would always forget that I was still in Provo. Its crazy to think that I will not be seeing the Provo temple for 2 years! I seriously had the best district! They are such awesome missionaries and they are going to be serving in the Provo mission so everyone pleasse!! If you see them anytime please show them love and take care of them and also tell them that you know me and that I love and miss them! The missionaries serving in Provo is all the Sisters: Cluff, Cruz, Sandall, Heninger & Elders: Edlinger, Vanderzeal, & Riddle! Seriously if you see them tell them I love them and feed them food! And email me if you see them. 

It was so nice seeing all my friends from back home in the MTC as well! Seeing buddies like Elder: Jacobs, Grey, Mckay, etc. & of course elder Murray got to hang out with him again which was really nice before I left which was awesome!!! Also saw Sisters: Millard, Studdard, Olivas, Taylor etc. which was really nice. Still sad cause couldn't hug them just handshake but it gucci. Oh yea and by the way Mum - gave one of the shirts away to this Elder that I became real cool buddies with from Aussie haha. He heads to the Philippines in like 3 weeks but yeaaaaa love you. 

So yea surprise, Im in South Africa haha but dang that flight... Long story short... I left Utah on a plane at 8:45 AM tuesday morning and arrived to Cape Town at 11:30 PM. had good food though haha. But that flight i seriously got so insanely hammerd. Also the time change was pretty difficult to get used to for a few days. I think we are like 9 hours ahead of yous back home but yeeeee it all goods because I am pretty much used to it now. 

Now let me tell yous about the mosquitos here. They seriously have been destroying me while I have been here its been insane. They seriously love me and keep waking me up at night because they are just having a feast. They always tryna get at me and im just like
 "Yo, Get off me I aint interested in no making out with mosquitos"
 and then they be like
 "Na man, We finna eat right quick hammie"
Yea they suck so definitely gonna have to start wearing bug repellent or something to sleep hahah.

Now my mission president is an awesome guy. His name is President Merrill and he used to be in the Air Force. He played College Baseball so we relate on the sports side which is nice. He took us up to signal hill which gives a great view over Cape Town! Also in the picture is my MTC companion elder Martinez and also the Assistants to the President right now they are awesome as well. 

My Area right now is called Uitenhage which is an awesome area. The people are seriously so loving and caring and I am so blessed to be serving here. We dont have enough missionaries right now so there used to be 4 missionaries covering the 2 areas in Uitenhage but now there is just me and my companion Elder Meijesen. Hes an awesome guy, super humble and super nice guy from Johannesburg, South Africa. So since it is just me and him, we have to take care of both areas with only two missionaries. Not much training time for Elder Greening but its all guuciiee No need cause im One Hunnit na meannnn haha. So that mean that we are extremely busy all the time which gets super crazy trying to plan for all these people. It sucks because I want to grow friendships and make people happy but on the mission there just is not enough time to do it. Two years seriously is not enough time but I definitely am going to make the best out of it. I told my companion that we need to start sifting through our investigators and start making choices on who we need to drop because if they are not committing them selves to make a change in their lives and live the gospel then we have to move on and use our time more efficiently in trying to find people that are because like I said I only have 2 years. I dont got time to just hang out and share messages with them every week just because they like the feeling of the spirit that we bring with us. Its tough but I know everything will work out just gotta trust in the Lord to help.

So last week Friday I was out Proselyting with one of the AP's in a township called Gugulethu. We taught a few lessons in the streets and gave out some copies of the Book Of Mormon. We went over to a little shop out on the street where people buy candy and things like that and taught the worker there. As we were teaching him these 3 little girls came up to buy things and so we kinda had to just give him pamphlets on the restoration and then leave it at that. These little girls were probably aged 6-9 and we were just talking to them and saying hi and things like that. We said bye and started walking away. As we were walking I felt something grab my hand. I turned around and saw the youngest girl which I thought to be around 6 year old. She looked up to me and asked me
"Can you hold me?" as she put her hands up openly towards me.
It broke my heart. Naturally i went to pick her up then remembered that we cant do that. I sadly said that I couldnt and then she got really sad and said
"Oh"
We said bye again and then walked to our car. 
These people are so loving and so nice and seriously are the most humble people I have ever met. They are so ready to receive the gospel and I know that it is my duty, opportunity, and blessing to do so. They are so receptive which make our job a lot easier. My first lesson out in the field was aweome as well. I committed my first investigator to Baptism which is exciting!
We agreed on him getting baptized on April 19. I am so excited to help these people and share with them something that will change their lives forever. K Bye









No comments:

Post a Comment