Thursday, March 12, 2015

Weekly Letter 1


Hey Everyone! This week seriously has been so amazing. I can easily say that i have learned more in this past week than i ever did during the four years of seminary. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. My companion is Elder Martinez. Born and raised in Compton, California and went to West Jordan High School for his Junior and Senior year. He's an awesome guy and he was converted three years ago. Him and I get along really well since we both played a lot of sports and also love the lord which is pretty much all we need right? haha no he is awesome, find myself leading pretty much more of the discussions and lessons but no worries he is getting a lot better the more I work with him. Its crazy because the district that I am in is my companion and I and then another elder are going to South Africa but then the rest of the District is going to Provo, Utah for their mission. So you all better take care of them because I love them and they are awesome. Our district gets along so well which is both a good and a bad thing. Since we are super comfortable with each other we work really well together but then again we also tend to get off subject and talk about personal life and things like that but we are working on it. 

My companion and I are the Zone Leaders of our zone but half of our zone left for their missions on Monday so that was really sad to say goodbye to them. I wish i could show you pictures but i haven't been able to figure out how to add pictures since there are so many restrictions on the computers so I might just have to wait until next week when I am out in the field.

Oh yea ps. I haven't received my reassignment yet but I will most likely be reassigned somewhere state side so that I can work there until my visa processes and I will figure that out probably tomorrow. So next time you hear from me I will be emailing from somewhere in the states who knows where but dont matter na meeeaaaannnnn. Its just still crazy to me to think that On Monday I will already be out in the field preaching and what not. Its swaggy dough. 

So this week was crazy it seriously is so awesome but it is hard. It is really hard getting into the whole missionary state of mind. Our days are seriously so scheduled out and we don't have anytime to relax or anything like that. Learning so much from the teachers and preparing lessons all the time i seriously have been dying to just have time where i can just sit and read my scriptures for hours and that seriously is so strange because literally i never would read but now I find myself loving every opportunity get to read the scriptures.

This whole experience has been so amazing. Throughout this week I have noticed how much of an influence the spirit has on us. The spirit brings so much peace to me and allows me to feel of Gods love. Being a missionary and feeling the spirit as often as we do is amazing. I have noticed a huge change in my life but the one thing that has really stood out to me is the Christ like attribute Charity. Charity is the pure love of Christ. Before the mission I loved people and it was always so nice to see friends and make new friends and overall love people. Ever since I got to the MTC my love for people has amplified x 10982... Yes that many crazy huh. But really. Before the mission i cried a lot but now i find myself literally crying all the time. I'm used to it so i don't make a big deal out of it or anything but i mean now... ill finish a prayer and start crying, listen to a Mormon message and start crying, every time I testify of the gospel of Jesus Christ I start crying. I really just love my teachers and district and this gospel so much. I really miss hugs too, which sucks too because I love my sisters in my districts and my teachers so much and also some sisters are down and things like that too and i just want to love them and comfort them but I cant because I cant walk over to them and talk to them because that's considered "Flirting" so thats too bad. But honestly my love for people has seriously grown so much and I love it.

I don't have much time and hopefully I figure out how to add pictures and things like that also thanks to the Murray's for my first package! My district loved the muffins haha. 

You can send me letters through dear elder for free but only till Monday because then ill be gone so yea., its on the blog and mum packages can be sent or whatever my mailing address till monday is
Elder Nivah Keola Greening
Mar16 SOAF-CPT
2009 N 900 E Unit 132
Provo Utah 84602

They don't give us much time for emailing in the MTC so sorry if i couldn't write you back but in the field ill be a lot better! Also please send pictures of you all. I brought zero pictures and really miss everyone so please send me pictures and yea love you all till next week!!!

Moroni 7: 45,47-48
"...Charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him..."

No comments:

Post a Comment